Blackberry secret codes for hidden menus work a bit differently to all other manufacturers since you don't use the *#code# sequence but rather activate most of the codes by holding the ALT key. As always it is right to point out that these are not some magic Blackberry hacks just the codes to access the hidden menu systems which people commonly refer to as the Blackberry secret codes. To use these codes you just have to enter the key sequence as specified.
Hidden Functions (HOLD ALT)
|ALT+NMLL||Changes the signal meter from the standard bars to a decibel display, entering the code again will revert back to the bars|
|ALT+LSHIFT+H||The Techinical information menu, if you are trying to get support or help you will probably need the information displayed here|
|ALT+VALD||Validates the address book, can only be used in the address book|
|ALT+RBLD||Forces the address book to rebuild, can only be used in the address book|
|*#06#||Displays the IMEI (home screen)|
|ALT+RBVS||Used in the browser to view the page source code, useful if you are developing applications|
|ALT+LGLG||Displays the devices event log, if you are struggling to get BES/BIS working the information here can be very useful|
|ALT+SHIFT+DEL||Soft reset a blackberry device, this is not a format or hard reset. Just a reboot|
|MYVER||Displays the Software Version and Model Number of the device|
|LD||Local Date is displayed|
|LT||Local Time is displayed|
|MYSIQ||Displays the device owner information|
|MYPIN||Device PIN is displayed|
|ALT+LEFTCAPS||Displays the Language Selection Screen|
|LOLO||Use on the Date/Time screen to display the network date and time|
|ALT+VIEW||Displays the ID's in the messages menu|
|ALT+THMN||Use in the themes menu to disable themes|
|ALT+THMD||Use in the theme menu to return to the default blackberry theme|
|ALT+SMON||Enables the simulated WLAN wizard (WLAN Menu)|
|ALT+SMOF||Disables the simulated WLAN wizard (WLAN Menu)|
|BUYR||Display data and voice usage, enter at the status screen (options>status)|
|TEST||Performs a full device test, enter at the status screen (options>status)|
|MEP1||Enable/Disable Sim personalization|
|MEP2||Enable/Disable Network personalization|
|MEP3||Enable/Disable Network subset personalization|
|MEP4||Enable/Disable Service provider personalization|
|MEP5||Enable/Disable Corporate personalization|
|MEPD||MEP Information Display - Shows Status|
Wirelessly posted (RIM BlackBerry Curve 8300: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/122)
• Name: Decibel meter.
• Description/purpose: Displays your signal strength in decibels, instead of bars.
• Process: Hold "Alt" and press "N", "M", "L", "L" (repeat to reverse the effect).
• Name: Address Book file verification.
• Description/purpose: Checks the data in your Address Book for inconsistencies.
• Process: In the Address Book, hold "Alt" and press "V", "A", "L", "D".
• Name: Address Book data structure rebuild.
• Description/purpose: Forces a data structure re-build in the Address Book...
• Process: In the Address Book, hold "Alt" and press "R", "B", "L", "D".
• Name: View source code.
• Description/purpose: Displays the source code of a Web page.
• Process: In the Browser, hold "Alt" and press "R", "B", "V", "S".
• Name: Help Me! menu.
• Description/purpose: Provides crucial technical information about your device, for when seeking technical support or help in forums...
• Process: Hold "Alt" and (left) "shift", then press "H".
• Name: IMEI display.
• Description/purpose: Displays your device's international mobile equipment identity (IMEI - your serial number) on-screen... Also works from all other GSM handsets.
• Process: Type "*", "#", "0", "6", "#" on the Home screen.
• Name: "Soft" reset.
• Description/purpose: Performs a "soft" reset of your device; the equivalent of doing a "battery pull" (ie. Removing the battery for a few seconds).
• Process: Press-and-hold "Alt", then press-and-hold (left) "shift", then press-and-hold "Del".
• Name: Event Log.
• Purpose: Displays event logs of all the system-level events that occur on your device...
• Process: Hold "Alt" and press "L", "G", "L", "G".
All of these secrets have been tested on the BlackBerry 8800 and BlackBerry Curve 8300; I would expect them to work on all keyboard-featured BlackBerry devices... The above secrets may or may not work on BlackBerry Pearl series handsets.
In some cases, you will need to be on the Home screen when you enter these codes...
There are a few other "codes" at the following links, however I was not able to get them working on my test device, a BlackBerry 8800:
There is a MASSIVE (and I mean M-A-S-S-I-V-E!) list of BlackBerry short-cuts at: